DDA-106 Series 2 Digital Audio Distribution Amplifiers are designed to regenerate, isolate and distribute digital audio data formatted in accordance with specifications AES3-1992 and IEC 958. This is commonly called AES/EBU formatting or AES3.
DDA-106 Series 2 units have two inputs, selectable from a front panel switch. The selected input feeds AES audio to six separate outputs. A front panel switch selects either reclocking or non reclocking of the input signal. In most cases, re-clocking is preferred, as this feature improves the integrity of weak or distorted input signals. Re-clocking may be switched off to allow distribution of AES sync signals, Dolby E encoded AES signals, or other signals that should not be re-clocked.
DDA-106 Series 2 units work with AES signals that contain sample rates from 27 through 192kHz and 16-bit through 24-bit density, thus permitting very high resolution signals to be distributed.
The front panel displays full status of the input signal, including Sample rate, Word Length, Digital Errors and Pro or Consumer Mode.
DDA-106 Series 2 units contain a unique automatic equalization function that can adjust for extremely long input lines. Equalization works independently for each input. A Front Panel Lock feature protects all your settings.
The Model DDA-106XLR uses XLR connectors and operates from and drives a 110-ohm balanced shielded twisted pair distribution system per AES3-1992.
Input Loop-through connections are provided to permit multiple units to be stacked, or to insert the DDA-106 into your digital workflow. Switchable line termination is provided. Standard practice dictates that the last AES input be terminated; therefore, if you are not using the loop-through feature, Input Termination should be switched ON.
• Accepts sample rates from 27 to 192kHz
• Displays standard sample rates of 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz
• Displays Word Length of 16, 18, 20 and 24 bit
• Status and error LEDs show clock lock and data validity
• Automatic input equalizers compensate for very long cable runs
• Switchable re-clocking regenerates stable data before distribution
• Loop thru transformer balanced and isolated inputs
• Switchable input termination
• Individual, transformer balanced and isolated 110-ohm XLR outputs
• Two front-panel-selectable inputs
• Six outputs
• Front panel control locking system
• Quiet, internal linear power supply (DDA-106XLR Input voltage is 115Vac. But it has a 230Vac version also, just add “230V” at the end of the model number to order it).
• Attractive and rugged 1RU package